SERVPRO of East Dallas Storm Damage Team Is Ready To Help
Your home isn't safe from storms and the potential damage that may occur. The heavy winds can break down windows, tear off your roof and blow open your doors. The rain is also damage you have to worry about here in East Dallas. The water can creep into your home and start to flood inside. No one wants to imagine anything happening to their homes, especially their family, but in case of an emergency, we have to. We have to be prepared for whatever comes.
Here are some tips recommended by SERVPRO of East Dallas to minimize the results of storm damage on your home or business.
- Watch out for any safety hazards.
- There may be loose debris that could be falling down, be careful of that. If possible, shut off electricity as soon as possible. Come up with a safety plan for you and your team to make sure everyone can be safe.
- Be observant of doors and windows.
- Windows and doors have the most potential to be damage due to wind and rain, so be aware of locations of all these. Ensure the door handles and knobs as well as window locks are still working properly. This can help prevent more water entering and possible break ins.
- Disinfect contaminated surfaces.
- Remove all contaminated material when cleaning after a storm. Cleaning the contaminated areas will help not spread the infected areas to other surfaces.
- Restore plumbing and water line.
- After storm damage, specifically flooding, water lines can be clogged or cause them to backflow. By ensuring they are clear, it can limit the chance of closures and odor issues
For some of these tips, oneself doesn’t have the experience to do all the work. You can contact your insurance agent and they can find contractors and cleanup crews to do the job. If by any chance you are not happy with who they have chosen, give us a call.
Hope these helped. These are just a few tips on how to recover from storm damage.